Jacobs Senior Bridge Engineer in Worcester, United Kingdom
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Bridge Engineer within our Bridges team based in Worcester. The successful person will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and opportunities. You will be based at our Worcester office, with a busy team of bridge engineers and technicians, playing a key role in delivering to regional and national Clients. The team undertakes a wide variety of civil engineering design and asset management work for new and longstanding clients and you will be involved in delivering projects involving new build analysis, detailed design, bridge inspection, assessment and rehabilitation schemes.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Able to communicate effectively and be a self starter including experience of stakeholder engagement
• Experience of a range of bridge assessment, inspection, analysis and design
• Desire to mentor and coach those around you to ensure project delivery and advance the technical abilities of others
• Proven track record of delivery of bridge and highway related projects, use of the DMRB and an ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
• Working knowledge of Eurocodes in the field of bridge design and bridge asset management best practice.
• Experience of undertaking client facing roles and an ability to attract new clients into the business
• Experience of project financial management and bidding to deliver continued workload
• Relevant accredited engineering degree or other engineering qualification with demonstrable equivalent experience
• Computer literate with previous experience of using structural engineering packages, bridge asset management software and drawing/modelling packages.
• Excellent written and spoken ability in English as you will be expected to discuss project requirements with clients, and produce quality reports and technical papers for review
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.