Jacobs General Roads Inspector/Materials Tester in Yakima, Washington
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our team is experiencing exciting growth within our established practice and we have a need for seasonal Construction Inspectors/Materials Testers to join our team. These individuals will inspect construction methods and workmanship and could also perform materials testing to ensure that contractors build roadways, bridges, traffic signals and related highway structures in accordance with plans and specifications. Perform work related to transportation engineering activities such as laboratory tests, design data collection, construction record-keeping and traffic control inspection. Employee at this level performs work independently on assignments; however, all unusual issues are referred to the supervisor.
• Observe and inspect ongoing construction work.
• Review plans and specifications to ensure that work is within compliance of plans and specifications.
• Complete pay sheets for actual work completed.
• Conducts laboratory sampling.
• Maintain daily reporting of work in progress, status of completion, and discusses construction related problems with supervisor.
• Performs other job responsibilities as assigned.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• High School Diploma or equivalent is required
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in construction inspection for transportation projects is required.
• Required to have and maintain a satisfactory driving record
• Ability to move up to 50 pounds is required
• Ability to effectively follow instructions; deal effectively with contractors and the public.
• Ability to read and interpret roadway, structure, and bridge plans and specifications.
• Currently Possess or Obtain WSDOT CICP Certification within 30 calendar days of hire.
Ideally you will have:
• Able and willing to work day or night shifts and/or flexible schedules including weekends as required to support the project requirements.
• Work under exposure to inclement weather conditions.
• Personal computers and applicable programs.
• Promotes and maintains a safe working environment.
• Knowledge of construction including material, methods, plans and specifications, and associated safety requirements.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) and supplemental language. (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf)