Jacobs Principal Engineer, Smart Solutions - Transportation Technology in York, United Kingdom
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Transportation business unit delivering services centred on key transportation markets to clients principally across the United Kingdom but through our networks and growth strategies supporting projects across the world.
You will be joining the Technology Solutions group with teams across the UK this role would be based in our Birmingham, Leeds, Manchester or London offices whilst offering flexible working.
You, as a part of our ITS team will provide strategic, feasibility and designs to a range of clients including Highways England, Local Authorities’ and Private clients across the UK. The work supporting developing the vision and the technologies in providing mobility solutions for our transportation network including: -
• System Identification;
Responsibilities will include:
• Technical lead on projects;
• Developing the Vision and solution;
• Leading the preparation of designs at feasibility, optioneering, planning and detailed design stages;
• Working with colleagues across our network of offices both in technology solutions and other disciplines;
• Preparation of technical reports, feasibility studies, designs, specifications and contract documents;
• Completing on site commissioning and monitoring;
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Demonstrable experience of developing smart mobility solutions from concept to design;
• Experience of liaising with clients, the public, stakeholders and suppliers;
• Knowledge of requirements for relevant projects;
• Clear communication skills and the individual must be able to develop strong technical credibility with the client and be able to foster relationships in a partnering environment;
• Demonstrable implementation of SMART mobility solutions;
• Good technical report writing skills;
• Relevant qualification e.g. Higher National or Degree;
• Professional status e.g. IHE, ICE, IHT status or equivalent or demonstrably working towards status;
Grow your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, flourish, and succeed.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.