Jacobs Senior Traction Power Systems Specialist in York, United Kingdom
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Reporting to the Traction Power Head of Discipline (HoD), you will produce, check and validate AC & DC Traction Power systems and associated HV Power transmission designs for Jacobs and other clients.
You will also provide technical solutions and consultancy services for clients and provide close sales support to the Portfolio Leads and their sales teams.
Predominantly aligned to: BeyondZero, People, Projects & Performance, Innovation & Technology, Global Connectivity; Digital Connectivity
Key stakeholders: Operations Lead partner, Portfolio Leads, Solutions and Technology Team, other OU resource leads, our People
Whilst there is no set location for this role, it will require the ability to travel in line with business needs.
• Produce AC & DC Traction Power Designs and associated HV Power transmission system designs at all stages of the project life cycle.
• Provide Earthing and Bonding and EMC Support associated Traction Power systems.
• Provide CRE / PE for Traction Power Systems on projects as required.
• Drive the development & innovation of our technical solutions for our clients, to meet their greatest challenges.
• Work with the Emerging Technology and Innovation Team specialists to develop and deploy latest technology.
• Work collaboratively with Portfolio Leads, other HoDs and their teams, to ensure innovation and technical excellence are effectively delivered, to meet client needs.
• Support the development of the Transportation Global Integrated Delivery Plan, ensuring that our capability is full aligned with the plan and supports the development of successful co-working with the GID centers.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Degree/HNC or relevant experience.
• Recognised expert in Railway Traction Systems.
• Chartered Engineer or working toward it.
• An industry recognised specialist in your technical discipline
• Delivers Solutions
• Customer Focus
• Complex Problem solver
• Strategic Mindset
• Interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
• Situational Adaptability
• A passion for innovation and technical excellence
• A Global Mindset and demonstrated ability to work across cultures and remotely with our Global Integrated Delivery teams
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2) .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.